Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Artist Statements that I enjoyed reading and more

I've been surfing internet this morning for a few reasons:
1. I like to renew items in my etsy shop in the early hours of the day.
2. It is a nice way to wake up when I find something curious to read and see.

Here's what I found:
and
I enjoyed every image and emotion that this statement evoked in me and remembered the time when I was an artist-in-residence at Worcester Center for Crafts. We all had to write our artist statements for our graduating exhibit. I wanted to tell a story and a story within a story because that's what working with glass and getting to glass has meant for me. To see my statement click below.
If you're looking to write your own artist statement, there are a lot of resources out there on how to write one: google "arist statement". As far as examples of artist statements, there are thousands and thousands out there. The ones that appeal to me are grounded in journeys through process and thought.
Be inspired by poised statements about connections of art and life, art and science. Make them your own and start your journey. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment